BEGINNING MONDAY, MAY 11th, 2020
THE RALEIGH COUNTY COURTHOUSE WILL TRANSITION
FROM “APPOINTMENT ONLY” TO “OPEN TO THE PUBLIC”
The Raleigh County Courthouse will transition from “appointment only” to “open to the public” beginning Monday May 11th, 2020.
For the health and safety of the public and the Courthouse employees the opening will include certain restrictions which must be followed.
Those restrictions include, but are not limited to the following;
- The Prince St. ground level entrance will be the only entrance open and will be monitored by Courthouse security.
- Anyone entering the courthouse will be required to wear a mask.
- Please continue to observe all social distancing guidelines while in the Courthouse.
- Each department reserves the right to enforce specific guidelines based on their operations.
- Normal business hours will be maintained.
Please call ahead if you have any questions and please continue to utilize our resources and services through our websites, by phone, email or through mail.
Glen Daniel Satellite Office:
- The assessor’s office will reopen on May 19 th and 20 th and will continue to be opened each week thereafter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- The tax office will continue to remain closed until further notice.
Additional information for consideration;
- Raleigh County Commission Website: www.raleighcounty.org
- Raleigh County Clerk’s Website: www.raleighcountyclerk.com
- Raleigh County Assessor’s Website: www.raleighcountyassessor.com
- Pay Raleigh County Taxes online at https://raleighcountysheriff.com/
- Voters Registration can be done online at https://sos.wv.gov/elections/Pages/GoVoteWV.aspx
Please note that vehicle registrations have been extended an additional 3 months.
IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER OUR FACILITIES AND PLEASE CALL THE BECKLEY-
RALEIGH COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT AT 304-252-8531.
The Raleigh County Commission reserves the right to limit any and all services, activities and/or departments at any time.
We are writing to inform you that while the Raleigh County Courthouse has reopened to the public, the Probate Office will continue to be by appointment only. If you need to open a new estate, call our office and we will get you in as soon as we can; please understand it may not be the same day, as the general public will also need appointments for assistance with Appraisements and Settlements.
With the positive feedback we received during the COVID-19 Pandemic, appointments have allowed our office to run more smoothly and become more efficient in assisting the public. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns at 304-252-0161 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also ask that citizens continue to call ahead for birth, death, marriage certificates and DD214 copies, to make appointments for marriages, and access to the record room until further notice. Due to social distancing measures from CDC guidelines we have limited space in our offices and would like to avoid having people wait in lines. For marriage appointments and vital copies call 304-255-9123. To make an appointment for the record room please call 304-255-9125.
In addition to contacting our offices via mail, email, and phone the drop boxes inside the double doors of the handicap entrance on Prince Street will remain for your convenience.
These drop boxes are accessible during normal business hours of Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. The boxes can be used for
Vital Statistic requests – births, deaths, and marriages
Recordings – deeds, trust deeds, probate documents, etc
Returned Absentee Ballot Applications ONLY
DROP BOXES MAY NOT BE USED TO RETURN VOTED BALLOTS. VOTED BALLOTS MUST BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE VOTER’S REGISTRATION OFFICE OR RETURNED VIA MAIL.
There is also a rack set up with absentee ballot applications if you haven’t yet received an application in the mail. Along with anything dropped off, please make note of your contact information in case we need to get in touch with you in regards to dropped off materials. This is self service only. Feel free to call the offices with any questions. Numbers are located below.
Thank you for your cooperation.